Hiring collaborative, strategic leader.
Who we are
Coleman Agriculture is a 6th generation family owned and operated farm with headquarters just south of the small Western Oregon community of St. Paul. We manage over 2,400 acres of land in the Willamette Valley cultivating some of the highest quality crops you’ll find anywhere. We specialize in hops, hazelnuts, seed crops and a variety of vegetables, selling directly to brokers and commercial partners.
What we do
When it comes to hops, we’re the brewer’s best friend. We are one of the most diverse hop growers in Oregon, producing over 2 million pounds, from 24 distinct varieties, every year. 95% of US-grown hazelnuts come from Oregon and we account for a large chunk of our country’s total production. Since we first planted hazelnut trees in 1969, our family has harvested over 20 million pounds of nuts. Rounding out our primary plantings are seed crops and vegetables. We vary the acreage and the types of vegetables planted each year to increase the biodiversity and overall health of the soil.
How to be a part of it
Coleman Ag has been growing steadily and has a bright future. To help lead this growth, we are seeking an individual to lead the team and processes. The President will be responsible for the operational leadership of the organization and will ensure operational excellence, profitability, and long-term business viability. This role will be accountable to a family-owned shareholder Board of Directors and is primarily responsible for managing staff, including family and non family principals. In partnership with the board, the President will collaboratively create the organization’s strategic and long-term plans. In conjunction with the board, this position is responsible for insuring organizational objectives are set, an operational plan is in place and the plan is implemented.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Collaboratively with Board of Directors, coordinate creation of operational and strategic plans for business operations. Streamline systems & processes, including seeking out opportunities to improve organizational efficiencies, while assuring culture that is enjoyable, progressive, collaborative and communicative, promoting an organizational philosophy that integrates departments and programs as a strong, cohesive operation. Develop programs to enhance customer relationships and growth into new markets and lead the identification of new markets and opportunities.
• 7+ years of successful experience in leadership, preferably in a large agricultural producer or related commodities.
• Experience in marketing, sales management and customer relationships highly desirable.
• Superior team building and talent development skills.
• Exceptional communication skills and leadership skills.
• Strong analysis, judgement and strategic thinking abilities.
• P&L accountability, preferably with some audit exposure.
• A mentoring personality and experience serving in a mentorship role.
• BA / BS in Business, Finance, Agricultural Economics or related field. Advanced education preferred.
Job will involve working in an office atmosphere, but applicant must be able to travel throughout business environment interacting with owners, staff, field personnel, advisors, and professional staff. Employees will be exposed to dust, odors, noise, and equipment typical for a diverse livestock, commodity and specialty crop operation.
• Employee must be able to lift up to 50 pounds (predominantly office type resources).
• Occasionally stand, walk, stand, climb, stoop/crouch, crawl or kneel.
• Vision requirements: close vision; distance vision; peripheral vision; and depth vision.
Coleman Ag is an Equal Opportunity Employer
FINAL DATE FOR APPLICATION: January 1, 2018
PLEASE EMAIL RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: ExecutiveRecruiting@fccservices.com
With questions, please contact – Jay Lux email@example.com / 651-982-4568