2017 Kawasaki KX™ 250F
THE KAWASAKI DIFFERENCE
THE WINNING EDGE
With more Supercross and Pro Motocross wins than all other OEMs combined, no one else comes close to the championship-winning power and race-ready technology of the Kawasaki KX™250F. The tradition continues in the all-new 2017 KX250F, The Bike That Builds Champions. Are you ready for the next level of championship-proven performance?
The lighter weight and increased power of the 2017 KX™250F motorcycle starts with a completely new engine. Get an inside look at the innovative design features.
Features may include:
- Downdraft intake design and more upright engine orientation with revised cylinder offset increase overall power
- Lighter weight race-team-inspired bridged-box bottom piston to optimize combustion efficiency and plateau cylinder honing to help reduce friction
- Rear fender with under seat intake channels ensure clean airflow
- Revised airbox and intake duct for increased air volume resulting in more power
- Innovative dual-injector system utilizes a downstream injector below the throttle valve, and a second upstream injector located near the airbox. Together, they contribute to more efficient filling of the cylinder to maximize power
- More upright engine orientation and repositioned intake duct allow for optional air the intake. The downdraft style routing improves cylinder-filing efficiency,contribution to increased engine power.
- New downdraft injector grows from four holes to eight for a wider fuel spray, delivering stronger low-to mid-range power for quicker acceleration
- Lighter weight 43mm throttle body ensures sharp, responsive power
- New exhaust header with integrated resonator maximizes throttle response and enhances midrange power
NEW FRAME & BODYWORK
Slimmer, lighter aluminum perimeter frame contributes to razor sharp cornering and superior handling while a flatter seat and new bodywork allow easier rider movement.
NEW SLIMMER, LIGHTER FRAME
- New aluminum perimeter frame is narrower and lighter for championship-winning agility
- Revised overall balance improves front wheel traction for razor-sharp cornering ability
- Radiators are rotated inward for narrower width between shrouds, allowing easier rider movement
- New bodywork is lighter weight
- Flatter tank and seat allow greater freedom of movement
- Fuel tank has increased capacity, going from 1.6 to 1.7 gallons
- Features Kawasaki’s first in-mold graphics that are more durable
The best way to ensure peak performance is to fine-tune your KX™ to fit you. The KX™250F can be adjusted to suit a wide range of riders.
SHOWA SEPARATE FUNCTION FORK – TYPE 2
- Advanced separate function fork design separates spring and damping functions for light weight and fully adjustable performance
- New combination of a lighter inner-tube design to fine-tune rigidity, firmer spring rate, revised valving and oil level, reduces pitching effect over braking bumps, increases cornering stability and maintains sharp turn-in capability
- Improved for action provides sharp cornering and smooth, predictable front-end action through bumps